We’re looking forward to sharing a dram face-to-face with our members over the next few weeks, it’ll be amazing to see you all again. With different parts of the UK at different stages of easing lockdown restrictions, some of our physical tastings are already happening but we don’t expect our full programme to be up and running until August.
It’s best to keep up-to-date on what is on by searching for local events on our website. With our virtual tastings proving popular with members, these will also continue online for the foreseeable future – bringing us all together, wherever your location.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING
Of course, like everyone else we’re having to adapt to deal with the change in circumstances. Here’s what you need to know, with your health and safety as our top priority.
- Rest assured SMWS events will be run in accordance with the latest government guidance and venues’ COVID-19 protocol.
- This includes keeping a 2m distance, being able to wash your hands regularly and contactless payment at our bottle shop, however…
- As these may vary by country and location, venues staff and SMWS ambassadors will make you aware of the specific precautions for the event and you should make the effort to observe all signage and messaging providing such guidance at the venue.
- Members must observe these instructions at all times to ensure the safety of venue staff, ambassadors and fellow members and guests.
- Do not attend an event if you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms.
SOME OTHER INFORMATION TO BE AWARE OF FOR LOCAL MEMBER TASTINGS OUTWITH EDINBURGH, GLASGOW AND LONDON
- Currently, no food will be offered at our events. We will provide individual crackers and bottled water for each guest.
- The Society shop will move online via a dedicated link. This ensures you can still purchase your favourite drams of the evening and with UK-wide free shipping.
- Our venues have all completed a risk assessment in social distancing and appropriate measures will be provided by the venue and SMWS ambassador for your comfort and safety.
- All the whiskies will be prepared prior to your arrival to minimise our ambassador moving between the tables.
- Attendees will be contacted prior to the event to provide names and contact telephone numbers of their guests.
- We will have a table plan in place and respectfully ask our guests to follow the seating plan provided. We of course will try and accommodate groups wishing to sit together as much as possible.
- The duration of the evening will last approximately 90 minutes.
- In the event of a change in government stipulations regarding gatherings we will notify you immediately and offer an alternative date/refund.
Looking forward to welcoming you back really soon, stay safe everyone.