With a marquee in place to shield us against the Scottish weather, we’ll be open Wednesdays – Saturdays from 3.00-9.00pm to serve you drams, a limited food and drinks menu and a bottle shop. We’ll have bottlings from the latest Outturn as well as those released over the last few months, so you can catch up on any drams you may have missed in lockdown.
However, in accordance with Government guidelines things will look at bit different for the time being, and we’ve put a number of processes in place to protect both our members and our staff.
- Members will be required to book at timeslot for their visit. Each timeslot will be two hours and bookings will be for a maximum of two people to help us ensure social distancing Our booking system will open on 16th June
- Arrival times will be staggered to minimise crowds and prevent queuing
- We will have a capacity of 14 people in a session, with a two-metre distance between tables
- Staff will wear masks and we’ve added shielding screen to the bar
- Hand sanitiser will be available on arrival and at each table
- We ask that one member orders at the bar at a time, and please pay using contactless where possible. No cash payments will be possible at this time
- We also ask that only one member use the bathrooms at a time
- Bathrooms and all touchpoints will be cleaned regularly, with one member of staff dedicated to cleaning at all times
- Tables and seating will be thoroughly cleaned between each booking
In addition to our open sessions, on Wednesday and Thursday evening from 7.30-9.00pm we open for tasting sessions only. Each 90-minute tasting will feature three selected drams from the lockdown Outturns paired with food and hosted by one of our ambassadors. Tickets must be booked in advance online, and the same social distancing practises will be in place.
OUR OTHER MEMBER’S ROOMS
We are continuing to monitor the Government guidance on when we might be able to open our other three indoors Members’ Rooms. We are hoping that this will be sometime in July, and will also likely involve reduced capacity, a booking system and social distancing restrictions. We will update you with this information as soon as we are in a position to do so.